Top Reasons for Getting a CCTV Pipe Inspection
Over the years, closed-circuit television (CCTV) technology has been used all over the world for many different reasons. One of the most important uses of this groundbreaking technology has been in the field of plumbing. CCTV pipe inspection is considered to be one of the best ways to ensure optimum performance of plumbing systems in domestic as well as commercial settings.
We all understand how frustrating it can be to fix a blocked drain. Things can become even more challenging for pipeline systems that are located deep inside the ground or in areas that are difficult to access. This is where CCTV pipe inspection can make lives easier for us. This type of inspection requires much less time compared to manual inspections, and is obviously a safer option. Therefore, by using CCTV camera systems, we can avoid risking the life of the operators by sending them to areas that are potentially hazardous to human health.
Mentioned below are a few circumstances where CCTV inspection can be a lifesaver.
- Blocked drains: One of the most common applications of CCTV pipeline inspection is to discover the cause of breakdown or blockage in an underground pipe. By taking guesswork out of pipe repairs, it helps building managers and property owners better plan and budget for the work by conducting thorough inspection before commencing repairs. Also, post-repair inspections can be useful for warranty and insurance purposes.
- Maintaining operational efficiency of pipelines: Even with no visible signs of break or blockage, waste seepage may take place through small cracks in pipes. If left unattended, there can be minor invasions of vegetation roots, build-ups of oils and fats, and signs of corrosion, leading to a complete break in the future. These expensive and unanticipated breakdowns can be avoided by regular pipe inspections.
- Inspection for landlords: When it comes to inspection of pipes hidden out of sight, establishment of fault can be extremely difficult for landlords. Often times, landlords may suspect their tenants to be careless. However, their accusations make no sense without adequate evidences, which can be provided by a CCTV pipe inspection.
- Inspections for tenants: CCTV pipe inspections can also be extremely useful for tenants looking to move into a property. Just one inspection can provide them a clear picture about the issues related to the pipes and drains.
- Buying a new home: Similarly, if you are considering purchasing a new home, a CCTV pipe inspection can prove very handy. This means that all possible issues can be rectified before moving in.
- Home renovation: It is a great idea to carry out a CCTV pipe inspection before commencing any renovation work. It eliminates the risk of accidental breakage or damage to pipelines and helps create a renovation plan that is more cost-efficient.
- Pipe Layouts: Most of us have no idea about the pipeline configuration in our homes. This can be a serious concern while planning any project. A CCTV pipe inspection can provide us a clear picture of where the pipes run on our property.
At Austeck, we specialise in pipeline inspection and rehabilitation supply and support. If you are looking for the most advanced CCTV pipe inspection systems, please contact our experts today.