Understanding the Benefits of CCTV Drain Camera Inspection
Over a period of time, all pipelines and drainage systems go through different types of issues. Often times, these problem areas may go unnoticed because these drainage systems are mostly located underground or in areas that are difficult to access. CCTV drain camera inspection is an advanced diagnostic tool that is utilised to execute complete inspection of pipes and drains. This provides a clear picture about the overall condition of a plumbing system and takes guesswork out of the equation.
CCTV or Closed Circuit Television Video involves the use of a camera to see inside a sewer line, drain, or pipeline. Equipped with transmitters, CCTV units can send images and data so that the plumbers can identify the root of the problem.
How does it Work?
This process involves the use of a water-proof, high-definition camera located at the end of a cable. When pushed down the drainage system, the camera displays live images on a monitor. These images are then thoroughly examined by an expert to evaluate the condition of the drainage system. By promptly identifying the problem area, the issues can be solved before it takes serious proportions.
CCTV Camera Inspection Benefits:
There are numerous benefits of using CCTV drain cameras for the inspection of plumbing or drain systems.
- The most fascinating benefit of CCTV camera inspection is that it is the quickest way to diagnose the condition of drains and pipelines. It not only speeds-up the repairing process, but also allows the maintenance workers to pinpoint the issue.
- Another important benefit of CCTV camera inspection is the high accuracy of the diagnosis. The plumbing professionals can view the issues with their own eyes, without having to rely on assumptions. Therefore, they can instantly understand whether the problem is because of a tree root, broken pipe, clog, or something else.
- The speed and accuracy of CCTV camera diagnosis translates into significant savings. Instead of paying several times to discover the issue, one just needs to pay once because there is no need to try out various methods. Also, there is no need to pay for solutions that are ineffectual.
- Once an issue is identified using a CCTV camera system, it can be rectified appropriately. This means that there will be minimal or no chance of similar problems within a short time. Thus, CCTV camera diagnosis is permanent solution to plumbing and drainage system failures.
- Unlike the traditional diagnostic methods, CCTV camera inspection requires no excavation. The cost of this non-destructive inspection and diagnosis is minimal compared to processes that involve excavation and destruction of above ground structures.
- Real-time results and reporting is possible because the technicians can view everything in real-time and record the entire process for the purpose of reporting.
When is it required?
Ideally, one should consider CCTV camera inspection if he or she notices any of the following problems.
- Slow draining water
- Water backing up
- Persistent blockages
- Gurgling noises
- Bad odours
If you still have any questions about your drainage or piping system, please contact us at Austeck. Over a period of almost three decades, we have been providing specialised service throughout Australia related to CCTV systems; drain cleaners, sound testing, robotic cutters, and much more.